Thursday, March 19, 2020

ALL MY STUDENTS EXTRA SCORE ACTIVITY DEADLINE MONDAY, MARCH 23rd

PRESENT SIMPLE REVIEW


Song: “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson.


THIS IS AN EXTRA SCORE ACTIVITY - SEND ME YOUR ANSWERS TO MY EMAIL 
before Monday, March 23rd 2020

          I.  Before Listening

·         ·         COMMENT IN THE BLOG Discuss the following phrase ; 
 “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger”  
What do you think the song is going to be about?

·         Do you know what these words mean? Look them up in a dictionary.

Know  – alone – dream – want  – laugh – strong – broken-hearted – wrong – kill – fighter.

·         Now, let’s watch the music video!

      II.  While Listening.

1.       Listen and complete the sentences with the words below .

ALONE, LAUGH, DON’T WANT, DREAM, DO, KNOW, THINK


 Stronger – Kelly Clarkson

You __________ the bed feels warmer
Sleeping here _____________
You know I _________ in colour
And _______ the things I ____________

You _____________ you got the best of me
Think you had the last _____________
Bet you think that everything good is gone
Think you left me broken down
Think that I'd come running back
Baby you _________ know me, cause you're dead wrong

2.       Listen to the chorus and circle the correct word.

What doesn't/don’t kill you make/makes you stronger
Stand a little taller/smaller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't pill/kill you makes a fighter/lighter
Footsteps even lighter
Doesn't lean/mean I'm over cause you're gone

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger
Just me, myself and pie/I
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger/longer
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone/gone


3.       Put  the sentences in order according to the song.

_____I'd come back swinging

_____They told you I was moving on, over you

_____ You heard that I was starting over with someone new
_____You try to break me, but you see
_____You didn't think that I'd come back

4.       Reorder the sentences according to the song.

a)      a new thing started / Thanks to you/ I got

_______________________________________________________

b)      the broken-hearted /I'm not / Thanks to you

_______________________________________________________

c)        about me /Thanks/ I’m finally thinking/ to you

_______________________________________________________

d)      in the end / the day you left /You know / was just my beginning

_______________________________________________________
In the end...



    III.            After Listening.

·         Choose 5 verbs you learned from the song and write 3 sentences using present simple.

·         What is the message that the sentence “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger” gives to us? 


1 comment:

  1. Hi I´m Sofía from 2ºA
    “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger” It means that when something bad happens to you, you learn from it for the next time, so you don´t have to go through it again.

    ReplyDelete

Si publicas como usuario anónimo por favor indica tu nombre y clase, gracias / If you comment as anonymous please mention your name and group, thanks

Total Pageviews